- This event has passed.
PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE OPEN HOUSE
July 16 @ 10:00 pmFREE
Witness the partial lunar eclipse of July 2019
Lunar eclipses can be visible from everywhere on the night side of the Earth, if the sky is clear. From some places, the entire eclipse will be visible, while in other areas the Moon will rise or set during the eclipse.
|Event||UTC Time||Time in Abu Dhabi*|
|Penumbral Eclipse begins||16 Jul, 18:43:51||16 Jul, 22:43:51|
|Partial Eclipse begins||16 Jul, 20:01:43||17 Jul, 00:01:43|
|Maximum Eclipse||16 Jul, 21:30:44||17 Jul, 01:30:44|
|Partial Eclipse ends||16 Jul, 22:59:39||17 Jul, 02:59:39|
|Penumbral Eclipse ends||17 Jul, 00:17:38||17 Jul, 04:17:38|
* The Moon is above the horizon during this eclipse, so with good weather conditions in Abu Dhabi, the entire eclipse is visible.
Eclipse calculations usually accurate to a few seconds.
The magnitude of the eclipse is 0.653.
The penumbral magnitude of the eclipse is 1.704.
The total duration of the eclipse is 5 hours, 34 minutes.
The duration of the partial eclipse is 2 hours, 58 minutes.
This event is an open house so everyone is welcome to drop by and watch the eclipse.
A few reminders, though:
• Guests visiting the Observatory must keep the area clean.
• Smoking is NOT permitted inside the main telescope area.
• No food or drinks are allowed upstairs in the observatory.
• ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION IS NOT ALLOWED IN ANY CHANCE AND IN ANY PLACE OF THE OBSERVATORY GROUND.
• Grownups must watch their children AT ALL TIMES.
- No overnight camping.
- Bring own food.
The Observatory will not be responsible for any injuries or damages the kids might sustain while inside the premises. Supervision from our end will be minimal as our staff will be focused on astronomy-related activities and to ensure everyone has a good time.